We recognize our continued success depends on the growth and health of our communities and partners, as well as the vitality and conservation of our natural resources. We support programmes that focus on improving nutrition and health, education and environmental stewardship. Our corporate contributions are supplemented by our individual business units and employee-led fundraising and volunteer efforts through more than 250 Cargill Cares Councils around the world.
The Cargill Cares Council in Belgium is actively focusing on supporting projects in the communities in and around where we operate.
Some examples of our citizenship activities are:
- Under the umbrella of Earth Day, Cargill employees volunteered their time to help transform a neglected area into a vegetable garden for an organisation that provides support for underprivileged children in the community.
- Support for the local food banks to ensure improved health and nutrition of disadvantaged populations.
- Financial and in kind support for education and health projects throughout Belgium.
- Through our European Research & Development centre in Vilvoorde, Cargill supports young students in the field of Food Science and Technology. Our involvement includes supporting a Student of the Year Award in collaboration with EFFoST (European Federation of Food Science and Technology) and supporting the European Master in Food Studies and the Anton Jurgens Institute.
- On top of this, our employees actively get involved with various initiatives and organisations in their local communities through fundraising efforts and volunteering. Cargill supports and encourages our employees to get involved where they can and we will often match their efforts to further the contribution they are able to make.